Thursday 15 March 2012

MDDN 241 Project 1 Progress

Materials

I have found some images which i am thinking of use for my materials for this project. I only really need to get 3 different materials.
1. Metal
2. Liquid 
3.Ice

For the metal material i found an image which i really like and i'm thinking of using my my actual one


I like it because it already has a metallic glow to it and it also wraps around a ball quite easily

For the liquid material i found that maya already has a material called water so i am thinking of just using that and playing around with the colour and some other attributes 

I found 3 different ice materials which i might use. It all depends on how it looks like with the transition from one material to another






I have put all of my materials and also the water material onto 5 balls in maya to see what they look like.


I also added a bump map onto the 3 ice materials because for my final I don't want to know that they are a smooth object but the object before it was quite crusty and has frozen in time

No comments:

Post a Comment