Saturday 8 September 2012

CCDN 231 Experiment 3

Experiment 3

'Plating'

For my third experiment I decided to try and show a typical version of glamour and decorate a plate of apples with flowers all around it. My friend Carolina (Caro) Casas was the person who I experimented on in this assignment. I wanted to show that the aesthetics of how something is presented is something which changes the users mood. If I were to present this is with dead flowers then I would guess that it would not be a good experience for the user than it is when im using live flowers

The first thing Caro said when she saw the plate that it was beautiful. There was no confusion to how it was created. But she said that it was a great way to try and get people to notice a plate of apples. While she was eating the apples she said that when picking up the pieces she was quite delicate because she didn't want to disrupt the pattern of the flowers. 

In the end she said that is was a lovely and glamourous experience. Not because of the taste of the apples (because there was no change in the taste) but because of the way that they were presented to her




Overall I believe that this experiment was a success and that caro stated that she has quite a glamourous experience while testing my experiment. Since she stated that to her it was a glamourous experience I dont believe that there is anything else that i could of changed in the experiment.


No comments:

Post a Comment