Sunday 9 September 2012

CCDN 231, Peer Review 500 words

Here is my 500 words for the for the in class peer review



Glamorous: full of glamour; charmingly or fascinatingly attractive, especially in a mysterious or magical way.
Attractive, pretty, beautiful, lovely, charming, entrancing, elegant, dazzling, enchanting, captivating, alluring, bewitching

The Everyday Experience of eating an apple is something that a lot of people do. There is not much that could be changed to make this experience feel a different way. But I found a few ways that I managed to get the user to feel ‘glamorous’ (see above definition). I changed the look of the apple 3 different ways to try and show this in a glamorous way; I changed the colour of the inside of the apple to a more golden colour, I cut the apple to make a swan, and I plated the apple.

I got 3 of my friends Anand Patel, Jessica White and Carolina Casas to do on experiment each. If the 3 of them mention any 2 of those words listed above I am concluding that it is a positive test.

With the first change to the apple I changed the colour to make it golden. Gold objects are often recognised as glamorous objects, so I believe that changing the colour to gold that it would change the experience to a glamorous one. Anand was the participant for this. The first time he saw it he said that he was ‘surprised’, that he ‘felt like a king’. Before he started to eat the apple he said that it looked pretty and alluring which are both list words. While eating, he stated that he could taste a sort of ‘rich’ taste even though there was no change in the taste of the apple.

If you have ever seen apple art you would know that people make some really glamorous art from the fruit, so I carved the apple into a swan. Jessica was the person who tested this experiment. When she first saw the swan she immediately said that it was very elegant, pretty and attractive. She even stated that it did look very glamorous. And, while she was eating, she stated that she felt it was really delicate and didn’t want to disturb the form of the apple.

For my third change instead of just having an apple in a bowl like they normally are I put it on a plate and decorated that plate with Flowers. Carolina tested this experiment. The first thing she said when she saw the plate was that it was beautiful. After eating the slices of apples she stated that it was a lovely experience, not because of the taste of the apple but because of the way it was presented to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment