Tuesday 1 May 2012

MDDN 241, Project 2A, Character concepts

Concept 1

For my first concept I looked at Tapio Wirkkala for inspiration. While searching i found an image of a paper bag. At first i thought it was just a plain paper bag but when i read more about it, it turned out to be a vase in the form of a paper bag. 


I decided to make my first concept a paper bag because I know that there are many different ways i could use this in a animation

Concept 2

For my second idea I looked at Lebbeus Woods. For inspiration. One of the images which really caught my eye was this one.


I think that it is meant to be a building because he has many other works like this which are buildings, But when i first saw this I immediately thought of those american school lockers. So that is what i did for my second concept


I like this idea but it may be limited in what i can do because lockers are fixed to a wall and don't have much of a movement besides opening and closing.

Concept 3

My third concept came from my second idea. I thought of other things which are kind of fixed in place but have a better ranger of motion. I came up with this drawing of a letterbox. I think that this is a good idea because just because it has a pole doesnt mean that it cant move. I thought that it could be cool to have the base of the pole still but have the rest able to bend and twist so that is the main movement for my third idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment