Tuesday 21 August 2012

MDDN 243, Project 2, Write up


My idea for this game is to have a time trialed maze. In the maze you play as a small energy ball called bolt. Bolt lives on a house circuit board. And the house has a lot of appliances on at the same time. As bolt you only have a limited view of the maze. Throughout the maze there are other red bolts, which represents turned on appliances, which also have a limited view of the maze. For bolt to be able to see more of the maze he has to turn off all the red bolts which makes his view increase. And the aim is to get out of the maze as fast as you can while also trying to turn off all the other appliances. To make the game more appealing, throughout the level there will be blue bolts which give you a limited power up of a better view of the maze.
I want my game to show the idea of saving power. I want to show that having many appliances on doesn’t give you much power. But as you turn them off that you have a lot more power.
The game controls for my game will be a simple 4 way arrow movement game. It is also a time trial so there will be a timer somewhere on the screen, which will start once you start moving.
For the look of my game I want it to have a similar look to how pacman is, I want the user to see it and be able to figure out how to use it without having known much about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment