Monday 30 July 2012

CCDN 231, Presentation of Auto-Ethnography

Gelling my hair


As I gel my hair every morning there are sometime things that come to mind when I do it. The feeling of the gel as it is in my hand it is sticky, it reminds me of the glue which I used back in primary school. As I rub it in my hands I can already feel it start to harden, sticking my fingers together. As I start to rub it into my hair it starts off smoothly as though I was stroking my dog. But then it quickly starts to become difficult and rough as it hardens. Occasionally there is a small sharp feeling of pain as small hairs start to get pulled out. Then near the end it starts to feel hard and rough and quite sharp at the touch.







Stroking my Dog






Stroking my dog has become an activity that I’ve done everyday since we have got him. As I run my hand through is fur it starts off very soft and silky, it reminds of how it feels to run your hands over a perfectly new woolen rug The soft fur sliding between my fingers as I make smooth identical strokes that make my hand continue to stroke in a sort of smooth rhythm. As I take my hand away I see the outline to the strokes on his back, leaving a nice smooth pattern on his back, showing me where I have touched. 




Eating an Apple


         I love to eat apples and there are a few small things about eating an apple that I love. I mainly eat lemonade apples, which have a slightly different taste than normal apples. The sweet slight lemonade taste of the apple as I bite down on it. It reminds me of the citrus taste of a lemon. I also get a quick sharp feeling of pain when a small piece of the apple skin gets caught between my teeth. As I bite on the apple the, I feel the sweet droplets of juice running down from the apple onto my chin. 





No comments:

Post a Comment